In 2009, the Division of Historical Resources began the process of restoring The Grove for eventual use as a public museum. This project is funded by the State of Florida and the Restoration Team is led by:
- MLD Architects
- H2 Engineering
- Nelson Architectural Engineers
- Conservation Solutions, Inc.
- Mihir Environics, Inc.
- MDB Landscape Design
- Allstate Construction
- Florida Department of State, Division of Historical Resources
- Florida Department of State, Division of Administrative Services
- Florida Department of Management Services
The guiding principles of this restoration are:
- Adherence to the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Historic Preservation Projects.
- Advancement of Mary Call Darby Collins' preservation legacy.
- Achievement of LEED Gold certification by the United States Green Building Council.
- 100% physical and intellectual accessibility.